The first trip report I wrote, not counting school assignments on "What I Did Last Summer," was a fourteen-page single-spaced letter to one of my sisters, back in 1971, describing a three-week tour of Europe; since then I've probably written a couple of dozen at one time or another. Most of them are long since lost and gone.
Generally, though, when I write a trip report these days, it's online somewhere -- Facebook, or my LiveJournal, or somewhere similar. It's pretty easy to save those and repost them here, so sometimes I do.
Many of these originated in my topic on the old Genie Science Fiction Round Table, which is long gone, or on my SFF Net newsgroup, but the trip reports survive. I actually have one or two more of those archived that I've never reposted...
Here's what I've posted so far:
- California vacation, 1996: Worldcon, Disneyland, etc.
- Kentucky Vacation, 1997: Mammoth Cave, camping, etc. (This one's long, and in two parts, not counting the sidelights.)
- Small Press Expo: An annual convention in the D.C. area for creators and fans of comic books and related merchandise outside the mainstream. It's still going, but I haven't attended regularly since the turn of the century, and haven't been impressed enough to write any more reports.
- Caribbean Cruise, 1998: This was a relocation cruise from Cancun to Alexandria; the report is in eight parts.
- China, 2006: Not so much a trip report as a photo gallery, with captions, done directly for this version.
- Convention reports:
That's all for now...
For those who somehow stumbled in here by accident -- hi! I'm Lawrence Watt-Evans. I'm the author of more than three dozen novels and over a hundred short stories, as well as innumerable articles, comic scripts, poems, and other miscellany. This is my personal website, the Misenchanted Page; the name is a reference to my bestselling novel The Misenchanted Sword.
That's it; here's your list of handy exits: